Job Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Pay Range: Beginning at $15.00-$22.00
Hours: 8 hours per day, Monday –Friday
Reports to: Accounts Receivable Manager
Summary of the Purpose of the Job:
The Account Receivable Specialist (ARS) position monitors and verifies reimbursement of patient visits are paid in a timely manner. This role researches pending insurance claims aging, reviews the denied insurance claims and takes corrective action to ensure maximum reimbursement of claims.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review unpaid claims and determine follow-up actions needed for claim resolution.
- Review and post claim denials and take immediate action to correct and resubmit claims when possible.
- Contact insurance payers by phone or web portal to research denied claims and resolve denials in a timely manner.
- Review accounts for accuracy and provide feedback and documentation to coworkers.
- Prepare detailed information to Client Account Managers on a routine basis.
- Respond to all requests and projects related to accounts in a timely manner.
- Provide education and share knowledge to sustain performance metrics.
- Maintaining account AR aging distribution within benchmark levels.
- Volume of claims worked on a daily basis.
- Daily communication skills with the clients, patients and Vantage team members.
- Maintain denial work in progress (WIP) accounts to a status of less than 24 hours-old by the end of each week.
- Create, develop and maintain clients and payers
- Ability to work independently and evaluate priorities across multiple accounts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Professionalism and extraordinary customer service during all interactions.
- Ability to strategize, analyze and execute duties independently
- General knowledge and understanding of the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) processes and insurance claim processing.
- One year working in a medical business office performing authorizations and patient account management.
- A thorough understanding of MSOffice (Word, Excel, Outlook) software required.
- Data entry and 10-key in a medical billing software required.
- Previous medical software billing experience.
- High school diploma required.
- Medical terminal course preferred.
- Registered Health Information Tech (RHIT) associates degree from accredited organization desired.
- Bachelors of Science degree in business, health care or accounting strongly pref