FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
July 24, 2013
Vantage Clinical Solutions founder lobbies Congress on behalf of Physical Therapists, Patients
BEND, OR – Founder and principal at Vantage Clinical Solutions, Tannus Quatre – also a licensed physical therapist – joined nearly 100 other physical therapist from across the country Monday-Tuesday, July 22-23, to lobby members of Congress in Washington D.C. on behalf of private practice physical therapists and their patients. The trip was part of an effort by the Private Practice Section of the American Physical Therapy Association (PPS APTA), which coordinated the event.
While in Washington, Quatre was scheduled to meet with local representatives in Congress to discuss important issues that affect the future of healthcare, the physical therapy profession, independent healthcare entrepreneurs, and their patients.
“As members of the APTA, we plan to ask Congress to take action on pending legislation and issues that we feel will enable the delivery of higher-quality and more cost-effective physical therapy to seniors and others patients in need of rehabilitation,” Quatre said.
These issues include:
- Adjusting the sustainable growth rate formula that determines Medicare payment rates for physical therapy;
- Removing an annual Medicare per-beneficiary cap for patients in need of physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology services;
- Allowing the use of qualified substitute physical therapist in private practices, when needed;
- Providing physical therapist with a means to opt out of Medicare in order to treat Medicare patients privately; and
- Recommending cost-saving measures to curb the over-utilization of therapy services.
“At Vantage Clinical Solutions, our goal is to lay the groundwork on which independent physical therapists can succeed both as medical professionals and as entrepreneurs,” Quatre said. “But unfortunately, many physical therapists face roadblocks that make it difficult to provide vital rehabilitation services to those who need it. So I’m looking forward to bringing a few of these issues to the attention of policymakers in D.C. in hopes they will join us in vastly improving access to essential physical therapy services.”
About Vantage Clinical Solutions
Located in Bend, OR, Vantage Clinical Solutions is a healthcare consulting, management and marketing company that assists private practices throughout the U.S. Founded in 2006 with the mission of improving healthcare through entrepreneurship, Vantage Clinical Solutions offers a number of business services, marketing products and management solutions dedicated to the needs of the private practice healthcare business.